Gamma believes that work should be a force for good, whether for our employees, customers or for society. The drive towards responsible and sustainable business starts with people.
We play a significant role in society and want to make a positive impact to the communities we are in.
We are committed to building a fair, compassionate and inclusive workplace and contributing to society.
Social value is the positive impact created for society as a result of our contributions, at its heart we aim to help society progress, benefit and thrive. This includes creating value for our employees, customers and stakeholders.
In 2021 we committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
The SDGs are 17 linked global goals designed to be a “blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.” For Gamma’s social value focus we committed to the three SDGs – Gender Equality, Decent Work and Economic
Growth, and Reduced Inequalities.
Gamma’s focus for 2022/23
Our 2022/23 plan is to focus on four key aims, linked to Gamma’s chosen UN SDGs.
Our aims are to:
- Create communities and a sense of belonging internally and externally.
- Bridge the digital divide and create opportunities to improve the lives of others globally.
- Give back to communities through charity work, raising funds and supporting certain demographics, for example – inspiring young people into a career in technology.
- Raise awareness of important topics
such as mental health, as well as improving employees’ wellbeing.
We have already begun our journey and this year we have partnered with various external stakeholders to support us.
Communities and belonging
Diversity, equality and inclusion
Bridging the digital divide
At Gamma we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to enable everyone to do their best work. Our EDI priorities are:
- Build a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued.
- Understand our current demographics and use this data to inform our strategy.
- Attract underrepresented groups to Gamma so our workplace is reflective
of the communities we operate in.
- Develop, engage and provide opportunities for all employees to grow and deliver their best work.
In 2022, Gamma will be focusing on equality, diversity and inclusion. We’ve partnered with ENEI (Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion) to complete a benchmarking exercise to understand the gaps and strengths in our current approach and setting targets to improve this.
At Gamma we believe everyone should have access to connectivity and be able to communicate and connect to anyone in the world.
Therefore, we will focus on the following priorities for digital equity:
- Redeploy unused equipment to communities that need it.
- Bridge the digital divide.
- Increase IT literacy within our communities.
In order for us to help society progress, benefit and thrive, giving back to our communities is a key part of our social plan. Our aims are to:
- Raise funds for Gamma charities.
- Increase our volunteering in the communities we operate in.
- Inspire young people into the world of work and technology.
As part of our goal to impact and inspire young people we have formally partnered with Speakers for Schools. We are designing a nationwide programme to support young people to help them understand the technology industry and more about the transition from school to work.
Wellbeing is a top priority, not only for society but for all of us at Gamma as well. Therefore, our plan is to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of wellbeing and mental health at work.
- Provide information and support to our employees as well as impact communities externally where possible.
- Develop a wellbeing strategy.
Next steps and impact commitment
We understand and recognise that social value is not a tick box exercise, and we are committed to our goal – to help all our stakeholders progress, benefit and thrive.
We have already taken several steps to progress our plan and will share our progress annually. However, we recognise there is more work ahead of us. With the support of our Board, Senior Leadership Team and a great team of people across Gamma, we know we can make a difference.